The Mostly Unbiased Guide to Bentonville’s Best Shopping, Eats and Must-sees [2017 Edition]
Ah Bentonville... my how you've changed over the years. Thanks to having one of the biggest companies in the world in our backyard, the number of things to do here has exploded over the past 20 years. Here is a list of the 27 absolute must see attractions, tastiest eats, and unique shopping experiences in Bentonville (in our family's opinion):
Want a copy to print or share with friends? Download here
All Around Must-sees in Bentonville:
Crystal Bridges from the walkway
- Crystal Bridges Museum - An Amercian Art collection that rivals any you’ve seen in NY, Chicago, or DC. The exhibitions are ever-changing and always amazing. The architecture and integration into the natural environment are flawlessly executed. Not just a local marvel, a national one.
- Walton's Five and Dime & Walmart Museum - Hi. Welcome to Bentonville in the 1950s. Find a pop you haven’t seen since you were a kid (think NuGrape) plus all the old candies you ate & toys you played with. Not to mention an old-fashioned ice cream parlor and a museum that is way more interesting than you ever thought a Walmart museum could actually be.
- Amazeum Children’s Museum - Stimulate all the senses and let the kiddos curiosity explode into a land of discovery and exploration. Every exhibit is hands-on and interactive. After this, they’ll be ready for a nap!
- Mountain Bike Trails & Walking Trails - World-class mountain bike trails that the pros ride and featured by the likes of Outside magazine. You can find technical rock beds, flowy single track, downhill tracks, pump tracks, dirt jumps, and the like. Looking for a more tone downed outdoor experience? Rent a cruiser bike or just walk the paved trails behind Crystal Bridges Museum.
- First Friday & Farmer’s Market - On the first Friday of every month, the streets close to traffic and downtown Bentonville transforms into a vibrant festival atmosphere with food trucks, games, retailers, and activities for the kids. And every Saturday morning from April to October shop, eat, & drink at the best Farmers market around.
Best Snappy-Casual Restaurants in Bentonville
- Table Mesa - In contrast with the many new eateries in Bentonville, Table Mesa has been a staple for years. Table Mesa offers modern Latin cousine, great cocktails, and a tapas menu for those sharing. Try the chicken curry burrito and prickly pear margarita!
- Preacher’s Son - Restore a beautiful old church sanctuary, add stained-glass art, fine drinks, and delectable cuisine and you’ve got Preacher’s Son. Make sure you reserve in advance or just sit at the bar. Try the Pork Shank!
- Tavola Trattoria - Tavola isn’t your step back into turn of the century Tuscany. It boasts more of a modern vibe but serves classic Italian dishes. Family friendly with an extensive wine list. Best Italian food in Northwest Arkansas.
- Pressroom - Breakfast and coffee – check. Lunch sized portions - check. Upbeat, Upscale dinner spot with phenomenal cocktail selection – check. Great late night spot – check. Bottom line – Pressroom provides a phenomenal atmosphere from sun up until well after the sun goes down.
- MOD - Modern Ozark Dining provides a posh atmosphere and a pre-planned, multi-course menu. Trust us, the chef will NOT steer you wrong!
- Tusk and Trotter - Farm to table anyone? Want a salad made of greens harvested from Northwest Arkansas? How about protein so fresh it had a name right before it hit your plate? Try the Peach Manhattan made with peach infused bourbon.
Best Casual Restaurants in Bentonville
- Pedaler’s Pub - California-style, brick oven pizza on thin crust with fresh ingredients. Great local beer on tap and friendly service.
- Flying Fish - This is the type of place you’d find in a little ole’ Southern river town. Serving up the best grilled fish, fried fish, jambalaya, gumbo, boiled shrimp, and crawfish outside of the bayou! Try the jalapeno poppers with an ice cold margarita.
- Blu Fish Market - The. Freshest. Fish. Period. Dine in their restaurant or buy fish at the market and take it back to your Airbnb.
- Crepes Paulette - Bonjour! Crepes Paulette offers a new age spin on the authentic French crepe. Lunch, dinner, or dessert. The Elvis is outstanding!
- Yeyos - Yeyos is the food truck with the best street tacos in town! Try the carne asada street tacos. Go on a Friday night for a little mariachi action.
- Las Palmas - Family friendly, family owned Mexican food with a great happy hour. Great tacos de carne asada and fantastic fajitas. On Monday, kids eat free!
Best Places to Grab a Drink in Bentonville
Foxhole's beautiful brick exterior
- Foxhole - The small upscale dive with the most knowledgeable bartenders and best libations around. Like Lavendar and champagne? Try the French 75.
- Bike Rack Brewery - Located next door to Pedaler’s Pub, grab a cold draught before and after your dinner.
- CORE Brewery - Cold, fresh, locally-brewed beer. Made by guys who know how to make good beer.
- Undercroft - Undercroft aka the speakeasy under the stairs. Dark with a super-chill vibe. Enter from the stairs outside or through the “coat room” in The Preacher’s Son.
- Scotch & Soda - If scotch is your thing, try a scotch flight from Scotch & Soda. Lots of house-made libations and solid beer selection.
- Roma D’ Olivio - These folks don’t play around when it comes to two things: wine and olive oil. Taste, sip, enjoy.
Best Places to Shop in Bentonville
- Remedy Road - Think of us as the eclectic little shop around the corner. Our "claim to fame" is that we carefully curate cause-based brands from all over the world. Each of our brands are committed to making a unique impact on the world by fighting poverty & hunger, creating jobs for the disadvantaged, and taking care of our environment. People seem to like our women's clothing, handbags, home goods and gifts. You can find us right off the square, past the Walmart Museum. Grateful to be ranked best boutique in Bentonville.
- LOLA - Contemporary fashion boutique featuring your favorite designers.
- In Season - Offers many classic styles of apparel, home goods, décor, and gifts.
- LABEL - Huge denim selection and brands you recognize and love.
There are a ton of other great places to check out in town but this should be enough to get you started. If you still have questions or even want more recommendations, feel free to come by our store off the square on Central or just text us at 479-713-0078 (no seriously). We love our town and we love helping visitors enjoy their time in Bentonville so it's our pleasure to play host.
Enjoy your time in town!
- The Vinson Family